- 1 9-inch, frozen pie shell/pie dough
- 3 large eggs, whole, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cup half & half
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 pound sausage, sage flavored, crumbled/diced
- 1 pinch salt, ground white pepper
- 1 1/2 Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- garnish parsley, sage or chervil
Preheat oven to 400°F. Remove pie shell from freezer and let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Lightly beat eggs and half & half together; set aside.
Bake pie shell alone for 7 minutes and reduce oven temperature to 375°F. Remove the pie shell from the oven and set aside.
Heat skillet over medium-high and add few drops of cooking oil. Add onions and sausage and cook until onions are softened and sausage is cooked through.
Remove the sausage mixture from heat, chop the Craisins® and add, salt & white pepper and stir to incorporate evenly. Put an even layer of cheese on base of pie shell. Top the cheese with the sausage and Craisins® mixture. Pour beaten egg and half & half mixture over other ingredients into the pie shell.
Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. Let stand for 10 minutes. Top with garnish, cut and serve.